Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Taste of the Danforth

This past week I have had it in the back of my head that I would be writting a post about the Taste of the Danforth.  I live within walking distance and once a year I am given a perfect excuse to not cook.

Friday afternoon I discovered was International Beer Day, unfortunatly when I called up all the Usual Drinking Suspects, but they already had Friday night plans with buds from work.  I opted to grab my beer on the Danforth and cruise the scene.

At any street festival I grab some roasted corn, dunked in butter.  At the IGA stand the table of seasonings was impressive, I had the lemon/pepper and it was yummy.  Then I had some Crab au Graitin and wished that I had of had more corn....I moved towards the Jones end, thats where they set up the ferris wheel and the one act....a rope climber.  Maybe there was something elese down there but I was bored and turned around. 

At Holy Name the sponsor tent was set up, historically this has been a beer tent, but last year it was a media/beer tent. This year it was an olive oil tent!!!! Was I disappointed? On International Beer Day!!!! No Beer.  I sat on the church steps and consoled my thirsty heart with a henna tattoo

Trusting what "they" say, this is Chineese writing for Rabbit, on my ankle



Having been gifted a balloon gun at the Beaches Jazz Festival a few weeks ago....only to break it a few hours later....I sought out the source of the bubbles floating through the air and when quoted $10 from the vendor I walked away dissappointed and returned a while later and paid $8.00.  Yeah bubbles.

My search for beer gardens proved fruitless.  The only one was at the Greek stage....I love Greek food but Greek music, not so much.  I finally decided to pick up some beer at the LCBO and celebrate at home.   

Not sorry that I attended but did not encourage anybody to go out of their way to attend.

2 comments:

  1. We went to the Taste of the Danforth for the first (and last) time last year. It was waaaay to crowded :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're interested ...

    http://friendlyfeathers.blogspot.com/2011/08/family-fun-part-i.html

    ReplyDelete