Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy Days are here

Although unintended;  this blog seems to have more unhappy posts than happy ones.

Well the times they are a changing my friends.  I am thrilled to say that Icarus went to his forever home yesterday evening. 

Monday evening I pulled into a copy centre, showed the girl at the counter a couple of pics to the girl and asked her to put them on a poster that said "Free to A Good Home". Unfortunately I did not bring a cable so we arranged that I would e-mail the pics and pick up the posters the next day.

I called in the morning to make sure that the e-mail was received.  The copy lady opened the e-mail while I was on the phone and made wonderful oooh and awe noises when she seen the pics.  When I went to pick up the copies at noon we chatted about our cats, and the circumstances behind Icarus coming to me. 

At the end of my work day I had made a list of pet stores, and vet offices that I was going to ask to post the posters at.  My phone rings and it is the copy lady to tell me that Icarus has been on her mind all day, and that she and her boyfriend wanted to adopt him.  I could not refrain from doing a "Yippee"

They arrived yesterday evening while kitties were having their dinner.  We chatted while kitten finished eating.  Then his new mom and dad put him into their carrier and they drove off into their future.

My friends and family had been concerned that I would miss this kitten terribly.  I have had to say goodbye to so many animals that had claimed a piece of my heart....

This goodbye was totally different.  For 30 seconds I was a bit sad.  I sat down and


Immediately my lap was filled with Remington and Dude.  They wanted pets and chin rubs and belly rubs.  They rewarded me with purs and purrrs and purrrrrrs

Of course I miss Icarus, but even more I am happy that he is in a good home....

Live well precious little kitty.

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine is a foster mom for the TCR ... she has her fourth batch of kitties right now. I'd have a hard time being a foster mom ... I'd hate to give up the kitty.

    ReplyDelete