Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sooty has Surgery Scheduled for Tomorrow

The last blog entry that I made that was about Sooty was in early September,  then on September 29th she had another gotcha day....she is now 12 years my kitty cat.

Last time that I wrote about Sooty it was to tell of her vet visit to investigate "The Lump".   When the vet sent me home with the advice to "wait and see if it gets bigger", I was euphoric.  My fears of having by beloved kitty torn from my arm to face a barrage of tests or worse were belayed by the "wait and see".  I convinced myself that if the lump were something to be concerned about the vet would never say "wait and see"

So I took my fluff muffin home with visions of happily ever after in my head.  The problem is that while I waited I came to see that the lump has gotten bigger.  Last week I had to shove her back into the carrier and take her back to the vet....again she does all that she can to have the floor open and swallow her whole.  Again this reaction, while nowhere near her normal behaviour, proves useful when it comes to completing the examination.  The vet confirms what I already know....the lump has gotten bigger.  She still has no idea what it is, the options are to try and get a sample by syringe (hit or miss), or do a small incision to get a sample, or do surgery to remove the lump and send it for a biopsy. 

I figure that if the lump is nothing a syringe or a incision will be the end of the story but if it is something she is going to end up having to have surgery.  Rather than have the process drawn out I opt to get the lump removed.  I like to think that my philosophy is to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Hoping and praying and wishing and praying some more.

Most of my prayers are just for her to get through tomorrows surgery and post op without any complications and then I remember to pray that the bbiopsy comes back clear.

Sooty had no Idea why I am chasing her around the house to pet her and brush her and smother her with kisses.

Sooty is as healthy as a cat her age can be.  Her has dandruff, I am convinced that this is because she steals the Meow Mix from the outdoor cats instead of eating her Science Diet.  There is no reason to believe that she will not pull out of the surgery and get on with she existence of demanding to be fed and then refusing to eat, watching over the backyard and freaking out when White Kitty shows up, ignoring Stu at all times except when he is getting snuggles, and breathing her tuna breath into my face when I try to watch TV.

But I worry.....thats what Mummys do.

1 comment:

  1. I hope it all goes well.

    KC gets lumps occasionally and they just need to be drained by the vet.

    ReplyDelete