Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Keeping in touch through Facebook

In social media venues I use Twitter and Facebook.  My Twitter account BunnyMummy2 has introduced me mainly to a compact network of tweeters who have a mutual affection for animals (mostly rabbits) that I have come to know strictly through cyberspace.  Facebook is the opposite.  All of my facebook friends are people that I actually have known and interacted with in my life.  I love facebook as a medium to know what is going on in their lives,  creeping on their pics, status updates etc makes up for a gulf that time and distance have created.  Some of my "friends" are loved ones and others are friends who have filtered in and then out of my life over the years and have come back into my life through facebook.

The last time that I had actually seen Mich had to have been at her wedding.  That had to have been 11-12 years ago...before that we had mastered the art of drinking Margarita's together...well maybe we never actually mastered the art, but we had fun trying.  Mich was the sweet one, I was the funny one and Anna was the one who always managed to get us home safely.....

It was no surprise when my sweet friend met someone who wanted to spend the rest of his life with her.  And with the responsibilities of life as a wife and mother it never struck me as odd that we lost touch after she married. When I have thought of her over the years I always ended the train of thought on her wedding day.  A day that I truly believed was the happiest day of her life.

When I logged onto facebook earlier and seen that she had changed her status from "married" to "separated" my heart fell to my feet.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad about your friend.

    I love Facebook ... it's a great way to keep in touch with pals and to see what's happened with those you've lost touch with.

    ReplyDelete