Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

My Prada Handbag

A couple of things that I cant deny about my nature are 1) that I am frugal (I am one of those crazy people who will stand in line for 45 minutes to buy Tide 1/2 price) 2) that I am pretentious (I only use Tide not the no-name brands of laundry detergent.3)I can lie well, but I am mortified when I eventually get caught...so I save lying for special occasions.

My frugal nature will likely ensure that never while I have breath in my body will I walk into a Prada store and buy (or likely you have to order) a purse.  My pretentious nature would love to own one.

Before Christmas while driving home from IKEA I happened to notice a sign advising of a contents sale.  I was not in a rush to be anywhere so I figured "why not".  I don't usually do yard/garage/contents sales but have friends who do, who walk away with some pretty sweet stuff so every now and then if the timing is right I will check one out.  Contents sales are fun cuz you get to snoop inside peoples homes and this particular sale was on an upscale street.

I meandered around and seen a wicker storage chest that I thought would be perfect for stowing all of Stu's ruggies, hay and pellets in $7.00 I was thrilled....then I remembered that I had very little cash in my wallet and doubted I could use my Credit or Debit Card.  I looked in my wallet and found a $10.00 bill and another $10.00 in change. So I continued shopping.  Upstairs I came across a nice handbag, I slung it over my shoulder while I browsed and was pleased that the straps were even and one was not sliding off my shoulder. I had noticed when I picked it up that it was quality leather and upon closer inspection I noticed the Prada label on the front.  My pretentious heart skipped a beat...I asked the lady how much it was and she told me $20.00, when I went to set it down she offered it for $15.00.  I explained that there was a wicker trunk downstairs that I wanted to buy and I only had $20.00 cash.  Not sure if it was the season or if it is the way contents sales go, but she accepted my $20.00 for both items.

It was several days later when I was doing a closer inspection of my new bag  that I noticed the "Made in China" tag stitched into the interior.  It became obvious to me that my Prada is likely a Pruda.  But my disappointment is pretty minor, I really like the bag, size, color, compartments are all to my liking and the manufacturing is very good.  I expect this will still look good in 5-10 years (and I am not kind to my handbags).

Anyone that comments on my Prada is now being subjected to the tale of its true nature.  I would be mortified if somebody discover the dirty little tag inside and turned me out for a liar.
Looks real

Very Real

Dirty little secrect

Still I am very pleased with my 20.00

No comments:

Post a Comment