Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Another Bullet Dodged

Living with Stu is a delight.  Living with a senior bunny is not always a delight.  There are good days and there are bad days.

Saturday was a good day.  Stu was chasing me around the house looking for love, circling my feet, eating, drinking, peeing, pooping.  When I was making his dinner on Sunday evening I noticed he had barely touched the previous days food,  There had been no circling my feet that day, in fact I don't think he came out from behind the Lazy Boy all day.  When I made up his evening treat of mashed banana with flax and glucocimine he had no interest him.  I had to lift him from behind the Lazy Boy chair to change his ruggies and vacuum.


You can clean all you want but I am not coming out

On Monday I came home from work at lunchtime with some carrots and carrot tops for him....he still had not made a dent on his food bowl.  He nibbled at the carrot with little interest.  When I came home last night he had made no further progress.  He had moved his position behind the Lazy Boy but aside from that was pretty much the way I had left him that morning. 

Mushed nana, Metcalm were no interest to him.  I tried to get some water by cupping water soaked crasins,  it worked for about a tablespoon.  I pulled down some blankets and pillows and forsook my princess bed to sleep on the floor next to him last night.  As soon as the vets office opened I called and made an appointment.  Called in to work with a headache.  As if hearing what was being discussed, he picked up a  piece of swisschard and downed it then went to work on a carrot.  He took some water, his meds...as if to convince me he did not have to go to the vet.  I was having none of it.

During his two days behind the Lazy Boy Stu made a poopy bum (which I guess is better news than him not making poop).  His weight is down .2 kg from 2.09 to 1.9 kg. He was dehydrated.  He got hydrated, a package of Critical Care (until he gets back to pellets and hay) and a cream cuz the poopy bum is getting dry from baths and urine scald .  They took a urine sample, and some blood work to see if there is an underlying issue.


Im eating Im eating I dont need to go to the vet

I will be keeping a close eye on him for the nest couple of days.  I have to go away Friday night.  Usually my brother comes in and feeds Stu when I have to leave but I think I will leave him with Dr. Munn. 

Now that the trauma is winding down there has been some leaky eyes. Times like this make it all to clear to me that my time with Stu is limited. But for the moment I am feeling like we have dodged a bullet.

3 comments:

  1. Love you Stu & BunnyMum! Be a good boy & eat your foods. We can't make our mom's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon, Stu. Make your mommy happy and eat all the delicious veggies she offered you. Lots of nosebumps, you are adorable!
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he feels better soon. Our dog will be in 16 in May ... some days are good, some days aren't :(

    ReplyDelete