Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2011

A word of warning when googling hits of the 80s

One of my co-workers is in the throws of anticipation as her daughters wedding day approaches at the end of this month.  It is fun to sit near her and share her excitement. 

The latest tidbit is a request by the DJ to have each of the parents pick 3 songs each for him to play.  I imagine this is to ensure that his playlist satisfy all guests.  She asked for our help, which made us realize that the Black Eyed Peas would likely be disturbed if they knew how many middle aged people dig their music.  But we thought that the intention was likely to have music from the 80s played.  So we googled top hits of the 80s....this is a warning....DO NOT GOOGLE TOP HITS OF THE 80s, if this is your genera. 

I admit that I had the lyrics to "You Light Up My Life" written on my school binders but I have grown....some would say evolved.   I am more than happy to resign 80s music to the past. Ever since that supposed harmless google I have been prancing around the kitchen singing into the end of the broom "Pour some sugar on Me" while making coffee and even more irritating, the tune "Ive been to Paradise....but Ive never been to me" wont leave my head.

1 comment: