Search This Blog

Monday, October 17, 2011

MY social experiment

Normally I post to my blog as a means to vent my ideas and brag or bemoan my critter issues.

Today it has been brought back to the front of my pondering brain a query i posed a while back when the Super 7 lotto was up to something like 50 million. 

I asked friends and co-workers if they were given 50 million dollars

but wait there is a twist

you get to keep 10 million

40 million you have to give to charity.

Yeah I know Operah did something like this with REAL money, and I am only posing a hypothetical query. 

I was delighted at the responses that I received.  We all imagine what it would be like to win a lottery, big or small, and how it would change out lives.  New house, new car, vacations...but with 50 million you have to dream even bigger.  I was amazed to find that most people that I posed the question to did not hesitate to answer how they would spend/inverst 40 million dollars and nobody quibbled that 10 million was not enough.

As most people would guess; my personal answer to my own query was that I would set up an animal sanctuary.  I thoght the answers I was going to receive would be "donate to cancer research" "donate to Red Cross" but the answers that I received were thought out and inspired.  furthermore the question really created excitement and and a fun exchange of ideas.

I really enjoyed getting feedback to my question.  It made me realize that the average person has a generous nature, that dreams of making the world a better place are right up there with dreams of making their personal lives better.

Would really love getting more feedback...if you cant post here (I have trouble posting to peoples blogs latley) my email is a366764@live.com

1 comment:

  1. The majority of my money would go towards helping animals too.

    ReplyDelete