Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

If the cats dont like me I have options

Everybody knows about my outdoor kitties.  We are on our fourth generation of fereal cats. Old Daddy White Kitty has been captured and sent to reform school to be rehabilitated, three of the females have been spayed, via the Trap Neuter Release program and we are hoping to get they whole gang set on the straight and narrow.  My next door neighbor and others of us on the street put out food for them,  in the back of our minds is the hope that they will come to us looking for love in addition to food.

Tonight I sat on the front step and threw primo treats.  The three kittens and three adults showed up.  For about an hour I threw treats and they ran for them and squabbled over them but would not come close enough for me to touch them.  When their bellies were full they moved on and I moved to the backyard.

Sitting in the backyard for a few minutes while the sprinkler ran, I read some of my book and eventually the raccoons showed up.  This was mamma and babies.  Unlike the kitties, this family was willing to beg, roll over and look adorable for a few leftover bits of kibble.


These guys appreciate my efforts.  I'm wondering if I should switch sides.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos. We don't get raccoons here in Australia - I hear they are ridiculously clever, they really do look it! Good job with the cat mission too, stick with it! take care Yollie

    ReplyDelete