Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Mighty Cranberry

It is a well known fact that Stu is a senior Bunny. When his health is well I really don't dwell on the fact, but the minute anything goes wrong I worry like crazy.  The last couple of days have been a little tense for BunnyMummy.  Stu has been suffering a bout of incontinence.  I will forgo the gory details, but for the past three days bunny bum baths have been a requirement in the BunnyMummy house. 


Sunday a full bath with a blow dry, Monday I used Witch Hazel to wipe things clean and noticed some bald spots and put some cream on, Tuesday used Witch Hazel as a poultice on the bald spots that were now looking red and put some petroleum jelly with Calendula to keep the bald spots dry, no blow dry so baby powder.  Stu has tried to be gracious about all this fussing but he clearly does not like it.  As luck would have it I had some Crasins in my desk drawer at work that I had brought home for him and have been giving them to him as a reward for his patience.  Knowing that cranberry juice is recommended for UTI for people I wondered if it might not help bunnies too and added some to his water bowl.

I know there is a Crasin in my Salad
Today I went out and got some new sheepskin bedding for his raw skin to lie in and a new Ionic blow dryer, thinking we are looking at baths a couple of times a week.  Call the Vets office but cant get an appointment till Friday, I book the appointment but decide that if things are not good when I get home I will take him to the clinic across town if they can get him in earlier.  When I come home he is dry, his bedding is dry, his litterbox has been used.  I pick him up and take him outside he hops around then settles down to nibble on some grass.

Sigh,! I am so relieved.  Not sure if I will cancel the vet appointment but for now I am praising the mighty cranberry


Stop taking pictures while I dig for it.

2 comments: