Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Sooty Puddy Cat

(to the tune or Rubber Ducky)
Sooty Puddy
Your the one
That makes snuggle time so won-
der-ful



Sooty Puddy
Your the Cat
Your so fluffy, And your black
its true



Sooty Puddy
Your so wonderful
Sooty Puddy
Your so wonderful
Sooty Puddy
Your so won-der-ful


Because my conversations are usually about Stu; you may have the impression that Sooty is a neglected cat.  Truth is that Sooty absolutely refuses to be neglected. 

Yesterday was an example of my fluff muffin coming front and centre of what was going on.  Everything I tried to do she was under my feet while I washed dishes, hanging out in the basement while I sorted  laundry or lazing in the backyard while I pegged clothes to the line and folded dry laundry and of course when changing the bed linens she was right there chasing the sheets.  Once she was done helping and her cat bed was in its place at the end of  the bed, she stretched out on he back presenting her belly for a good old belly rub.  While rubbing her belly I felt a lump.......

Sweet Jesus and all the saints, don't let my cat be sick.  I am a very lapsed Catholic and don't remember all  the proper prayers and which saint to pray to for what so I  make up my own prayers.


It still feels like yesterday that Cleo was taken from me....I still come home from work and expect her to be at the top of the stairs, when I am sitting in the backyard I still look for her in the chair across from me.  The thought of something bad happening to Sooty is too scary to deal with.  

Today I call the vet and make an appointment for 2pm, leave work and come home, get the pet carrier from the basement and in order to get Sooty to come I snuggle with Stu.  Sure enough Miss Jealous comes thumping down the stairs and gets her head between my hand and Stu.  Then she turns into a wildcat as I attempt to get her into the carrier.  Amazingly I manage to get her in with no bloodshed.  

Sooty does not travel.  I take her to the vet only when she is ill because of the stress it causes her.  Today was the worst yet.  During the 4 block drive she turned into a dead weight, not moving and pressed to the floor of the carrier where she had peed.  The vet was held up and we had to wait about 15 minutes,  she did not come around all the time we were there, she cowered on the examination table with her tail under her.  The good news is that her stressed condition made her easy to examine,  normally she would not allow herself to be rolled on her back and have her belly poked and prodded unless it was her idea

The poking and prodding thankfully did not seem to have found anything significant.  Maybe a fatty deposit.  Taking a syringe sample would not likely reveal anything based on the location, so we are going to "wait and see" if it gets bigger surgery would have to be done to remove it, if it stays the same we are not going to worry.  There is no pain or change in her eating ect.  If it were not for the fact that she has not been to the vet for 8 years I think I would have been diagnosed as a hypochondriac.  Fortunately her stress was so apparent that the vet did not give me the usual lecture about how important annual checkups are.

back into the carrier and all the way home she is a dead weight in the carrier, she slithers out when I open the door , then realizing she is home starts rubbing against my leg, walks to the food bowl, and gives me the ultimate statement of love....the tail quiver.

I could not be happier. 


1 comment: